- View genotypes and descriptions of commonly used strains.
- View SNPs in S. cerevisiae strains
- Table of commonly used auxotrophic markers, with sequence information where known.
- American Type Culture Collection (ATCC) maintains yeast stocks and clones.
- EUROSCARF, the EUROpean Saccharomyces Cerevisiae ARchive for Functional analysis, maintains a collection of systematic deletion strains searchable by gene name.
- National Collection of Yeast Cultures (NCYC) maintains over 3,100 non-pathogenic yeasts, including type strains, strains of general interest for education and research, strains of industrial importance, and genetically marked strains.
- Common Access to Biological Resources and Information (CABRI) includes catalogs from European culture collections for yeast and other organisms.
- Addgene is a non-profit plasmid repository that distributes many plasmids for yeast research. In particular, Addgene is distributing a collection of Yeast Advanced Gateway Destination Vectors created by Dr. Susan Lindquist's laboratory.
- Yeast Genetic Resource Center (YGRC) maintains over 4,800 S. pombe strains and over 9,000 S. cerevisiae strains.
- Industrial Yeasts Collection DBVPG. The Industrial Yeasts Collection DBVPG, an academic biological resource centre (BRC) specialized in yeasts and yeast-like microorganisms, distributes strains and offers services to the international scientific community and to other private Institutions. DBVPG maintains over 6,000 yeast strains and over 300 yeast-like (Prototheca sp. ) strains.
- Yeast-GFP Clone Collection from Dr. Erin O'Shea and Dr. Jonathan Weissman at UCSF, consisting of C-terminal tagged open reading frames (ORFs). Hosted by Invitrogen.
- Yeast GST-Tagged Collection for inducible overexpression of yeast ORFs, developed in the Andrews lab at the University of Toronto. Hosted by Open Biosystems.
- Yeast Knockout (YKO) Collection from the Saccharomyces Genome Deletion Consortium.
- Yeast-TAP Fusion Library from Dr. Erin O'Shea and Dr. Jonathan Weissman at UCSF, containing open reading frames (ORFs) tagged with a high-affinity epitope and expressed from their natural chromosomal locations. Hosted by Open Biosystems.
- Yeast Tet-promoters Hughes Collection containing 800 essential yeast genes for which expression is regulated by doxycycline. Hosted by Open Biosystems.
- The Yeast Transposon Insertion Library Collection, derived by using mini-transposons (mTns) to mutagenize a yeast genomic DNA library, is available from the Mike Snyder lab at Stanford University. Please contact Minyi Shi (minyishi at stanford dot edu) with requests.