Share your knowledge...Edit this entry! <protect>
|Feature type||ORF, Verified|
Description of YOL105C: Partially redundant sensor-transducer of the stress-activated PKC1-MPK1 signaling pathway involved in maintenance of cell wall integrity; involved in the response to heat shock and other stressors; regulates 1,3-beta-glucan synthesis
About Community Commentary. Please share your knowledge!
Transmembrane Domain GxxxG
The transmembrane domain of Wsc3p shows homology with the SKG6/AXL2 alpha-helix transmembrane domain (IPR014805). In particular, this domain begins with lsgGaiaGiviGvvfG. The presence of multiple overlapping GxxxG motifs  strongly indicates that Wsc3p multimerises.
See Help:References on how to add references
- Sekiya-Kawasaki M, et al. (2002) Dissection of upstream regulatory components of the Rho1p effector, 1,3-beta-glucan synthase, in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Genetics 162(2):663-76 SGD PMID 12399379
- Verna J, et al. (1997) A family of genes required for maintenance of cell wall integrity and for the stress response in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 94(25):13804-9 SGD PMID 9391108
- Wojda I, et al. (2003) Response to high osmotic conditions and elevated temperature in Saccharomyces cerevisiae is controlled by intracellular glycerol and involves coordinate activity of MAP kinase pathways. Microbiology 149(Pt 5):1193-204 SGD PMID 12724381
- Zu T, et al. (2001) Mutations in WSC genes for putative stress receptors result in sensitivity to multiple stress conditions and impairment of Rlm1-dependent gene expression in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol Genet Genomics 266(1):142-55 SGD PMID 11589572
- Senes A, Engel DE and DeGrado WF (2004) Folding of helical membrane proteins: the role of polar, GxxxG-like and proline motifs. Curr Opin Struct Biol. 2004 14(4):465-79. PMID 15313242
See Help:Categories on how to add the wiki page for this gene to a Category </protect>