Difference between revisions of "YNL283C"
(Automated import of articles)
|Line 29:||Line 29:|
Revision as of 09:01, 21 March 2013
Share your knowledge...Edit this entry! <protect>
|Feature type||ORF, Verified|
Description of YNL283C: Partially redundant sensor-transducer of the stress-activated PKC1-MPK1 signaling pathway involved in maintenance of cell wall integrity and recovery from heat shock; secretory pathway Wsc2p is required for the arrest of secretion response
About Community Commentary. Please share your knowledge!
Transmembrane Domain GxxxG
The transmembrane domain of Wsc2p shows homology with the SKG6/AXL2 alpha-helix transmembrane domain (IPR014805). In particular, this domain begins with GlsgGaiaGvvvGvvcG The presence of multiple overlapping GxxxG motifs  strongly indicates that wsc2p multimerises.
See Help:References on how to add references
- Imazu H and Sakurai H (2005) Saccharomyces cerevisiae heat shock transcription factor regulates cell wall remodeling in response to heat shock. Eukaryot Cell 4(6):1050-6 SGD PMID 15947197
- Kosodo Y, et al. (2001) Multicopy suppressors of the sly1 temperature-sensitive mutation in the ER-Golgi vesicular transport in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Yeast 18(11):1003-14 SGD PMID 11481671
- Nanduri J and Tartakoff AM (2001) The arrest of secretion response in yeast: signaling from the secretory path to the nucleus via Wsc proteins and Pkc1p. Mol Cell 8(2):281-9 SGD PMID 11545731
- Ng DT (2001) Interorganellar signal transduction: the arrest of secretion response. Dev Cell 1(3):319-20 SGD PMID 11702943
- Raboy B, et al. (1999) Heat-induced cell cycle arrest of Saccharomyces cerevisiae: involvement of the RAD6/UBC2 and WSC2 genes in its reversal. Mol Microbiol 32(4):729-39 SGD PMID 10361277
- Verna J, et al. (1997) A family of genes required for maintenance of cell wall integrity and for the stress response in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 94(25):13804-9 SGD PMID 9391108
- Zu T, et al. (2001) Mutations in WSC genes for putative stress receptors result in sensitivity to multiple stress conditions and impairment of Rlm1-dependent gene expression in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol Genet Genomics 266(1):142-55 SGD PMID 11589572
See Help:Categories on how to add the wiki page for this gene to a Category </protect>