Share your knowledge...Edit this entry!
|Feature type||ORF, Uncharacterized|
Description of YMR090W: Putative protein of unknown function with similarity to DTDP-glucose 4,6-dehydratases; GFP-fusion protein localizes to the cytoplasm; up-regulated in response to the fungicide mancozeb; not essential for viability
About Community Commentary. Please share your knowledge!
YPL068C is more sensitive than YMR090W given that there is less colonizes present when under the same stress.
DNA and RNA Details
Other DNA and RNA Details
Other Topic: expression
This gene is part of the UW-Stout Orphan Gene Project. Learn more here.
In a BY4735 background, knocking out YMR090W seems to have a moderate effect on growth rate in log-phase. In this assay, the BY4735 strain's doubling time was 124 minutes, while the YMR090W knock-out strain's doubling time was 208 minutes.
See Help:References on how to add references
- Giaever G, et al. (2002) Functional profiling of the Saccharomyces cerevisiae genome. Nature 418(6896):387-91 SGD PMID 12140549
- Huh WK, et al. (2003) Global analysis of protein localization in budding yeast. Nature 425(6959):686-91 SGD PMID 14562095
- Santos PM, et al. (2009) Insights into yeast adaptive response to the agricultural fungicide mancozeb: a toxicoproteomics approach. Proteomics 9(3):657-70 SGD PMID 19137554
- Boer VM, et al. (2003) The genome-wide transcriptional responses of Saccharomyces cerevisiae grown on glucose in aerobic chemostat cultures limited for carbon, nitrogen, phosphorus, or sulfur. J Biol Chem 278(5):3265-74 SGD PMID 12414795
- submitted by Viktor Boer on 2003-07-25
See Help:Categories on how to add the wiki page for this gene to a Category