- 1 General S. cerevisiae information
- 2 Educational resources
- 3 Schizosaccharomyces pombe information
- 4 Candida albicans information
- 5 Links to other fungal information
- 6 Fungal genome sequencing projects
- 7 Fungal genome database projects
General S. cerevisiae information
- Information about wine making, from Wine High School of The Champagne region.
- An introduction to yeast, the most ideal eukaryotic microorganism for biological studies, written by Fred Sherman.
- An updated version the yeast primer Getting Started with Yeast written by Fred Sherman.
- Yeast Molecular Biology: A Short Compendium on Basic Features and Novel Aspects written by Horst Feldmann at the University of Munich
- A table describing the gene targets of the different RNA polymerases in S. cerevisiae.
- A tutorial from the University of Saskatchewan provides an introduction to SGD and to S. cerevisiae molecular biology and genetics.
- SGD maintains a list of websites with relevance to S. cerevisiae molecular biology and genetics and to general molecular biology.
- Search the Yeast BioSci (a.k.a. BioNet) Electronic Conference
- Usenet group on yeast molecular biology: bionet.molbio.yeast
- Genetics Education Network Tom Manney's (Kansas State University) yeast experiments for undergrads and high school students. A well-done and informative web site for yeast in the classroom.
- Research Link 2000 Aimed at undergraduate classrooms, this is an offshoot of Tom Manney's yeast experiments. It also lists other model organisms.
- Using Yeast As An Ultraviolet Light Measurement Tool. This is a Tom Manney protocol rewritten by Kevin Conant, a participant in the Woodrow Wilson Biology Institute 1993.
- MendelWeb, an educational resource on the origins of classical genetics.
- National Science Teachers Association. Resources for all science teachers from kindergarten to college.
- National Association of Biology Teachers High school teachers predominate in this organization, but there are resources for post-secondary education as well.
- American Society for Microbiology. The ASM website lists resources in its education section. The ASM publishes numerous books on microbiology education at various levels.
- Discovering Genomics, Proteomics, and Bioinformatics This website describes a course and the accompanying textbook written by A. Malcolm Campbell and Laurie J. Heyer.
- Genome Consortium for Active Teaching (GCAT) Description of the consortium and how it is working to bring functional genomics methods into the undergraduate biology curriculum.
- Issues in Genomics ActionBioscience.org lists a number of articles on genomics topics.
- MicroArray Genome Imaging and Clustering Tool (MAGIC) Open source software for analysis of large-scale gene expression datasets; developed by Laurie Heyer and her undergraduate students at Davidson College, North Carolina.
Schizosaccharomyces pombe information
- General information about S. pombe from the Forsburg Lab
- S. pombe molecular genetics: plasmids, markers, maps and references from the Forsburg Lab
- An S. pombe nomenclature guide: S. pombe genes mapped to S. cerevisiae genes from the Forsburg Lab
Candida albicans information
- Candida albicans pages at the NRC/BRI
- Candida Genome Database at Stanford
- Candida information from the Stanford Genome Technology Center
- CandidaDB, a genomic database for C. albicans, part of the Galar Fungail Consortium project
- Institute for Candida experimentation at the University of Minnesota
- Candidiasis information at MEDLINE plus
- Annotation of the C. albicans genome from the Agabian Lab
Links to other fungal information
Fungal genome sequencing projects
- Cryptococcus neoformans var. neoformans strain B3501
- Cryptococcus neoformans var. neoformans strain JEC21
- Cryptococcus neoformans var. grubbii H99 - Duke University, Fungal Genome Initiative
- Cryptococcus gattii R265 - Fungal Genome Initiative
- Cryptococcus gattii WM276 - Kronstad Lab/British Columbia Genome Sequencing Centre
- The Génolevures project, featuring partial genomic sequence for 13 Hemiascomycete species
- There is also list of currently sequenced or in progress fungal genome projects with references.