Revision as of 12:19, 16 April 2013 by Gail (Created page with "=Educational resources= *[http://www.phys.ksu.edu/gene/ Genetics Education Network] Tom Manney's (Kansas State University) yeast experiments for undergrads and high school st...")
- Genetics Education Network Tom Manney's (Kansas State University) yeast experiments for undergrads and high school students. A well-done and informative web site for yeast in the classroom.
- Yeast Education Network An archive of yeast-based teaching tools for the undergraduate classroom and laboratory. This site also includes most of the Education Workshop talks from YGM 2008.
- Research Link 2000 Aimed at undergraduate classrooms, this is an offshoot of Tom Manney's yeast experiments. It also lists other model organisms.
- Using Yeast As An Ultraviolet Light Measurement Tool. This is a Tom Manney protocol rewritten by Kevin Conant, a participant in the Woodrow Wilson Biology Institute 1993.
- MendelWeb, an educational resource on the origins of classical genetics.
- National Science Teachers Association. Resources for all science teachers from kindergarten to college.
- National Association of Biology Teachers High school teachers predominate in this organization, but there are resources for post-secondary education as well.
- American Society for Microbiology. The ASM website lists resources in its education section. The ASM publishes numerous books on microbiology education at various levels.
- Discovering Genomics, Proteomics, and Bioinformatics This website describes a course and the accompanying textbook written by A. Malcolm Campbell and Laurie J. Heyer.
- Genome Consortium for Active Teaching (GCAT) Description of the consortium and how it is working to bring functional genomics methods into the undergraduate biology curriculum.
- Issues in Genomics ActionBioscience.org lists a number of articles on genomics topics.
- MicroArray Genome Imaging and Clustering Tool (MAGIC) Open source software for analysis of large-scale gene expression datasets; developed by Laurie Heyer and her undergraduate students at Davidson College, North Carolina.
- VADLO Life Sciences Search Engine from Life in Research, LLC. Provides search for life sciences research methods, databases, online tools, software, and powerpoints. For example Yeast protocols, Yeast databases, S. cerevisiae Powerpoints.
- Scitable A free library providing overviews of key science concepts, with a focus on genetics, compiled by the Nature Publishing Group.
- The Human Genetics Education Resource A general guide to resources in human genomics, inheritance, molecular genetics, genetic interactions, gene expression and evolution.
- When Will Broccoli Taste Like Chocolate?: Your Questions on Genetic Traits Answered by Stanford University Scientists A collection of general genetics questions and answers from the Ask a Geneticist section of The Tech Museum website.