Revision as of 20:56, 23 February 2007 by Eurie
General S. cerevisiae information
- An introduction to yeast, the most ideal eukaryotic microorganism for biological studies.
- An updated version the yeast primer Getting Started with Yeast written by Fred Sherman.
- Yeast Molecular Biology: A Short Compendium on Basic Features and Novel Aspects written by Horst Feldmann at the University of Munich
- A tutorial from the University of Saskatchewan provides an introduction to SGD and to S. cerevisiae molecular biology and genetics.
- SGD maintains a list of websites with relevance to S. cerevisiae molecular biology and genetics and to general molecular biology.
- Search the Yeast BioSci (a.k.a. BioNet) Electronic Conference
- Usenet group on yeast molecular biology: bionet.molbio.yeast
Links to other fungal information
Fungal genome sequencing projects
- The Génolevures project, featuring partial genomic sequence for 13 Hemiascomycete species
Fungal genome database projects
- CryptoBase, a scientific database resource at UCSF for C. neoformans var. grubii (serotype A)
Following is a list of sites that post biology related job openings. Please note that this is not a comprehensive list. Some of these sites may be free (may require registration) for job seekers, job posters or both.