What's New in SGD in 2000
December 29, 2000
- Expression Connection allows you to simultaneously search multiple microarray datasets to find expression patterns for any yeast gene or ORF. The microarray datasets are collected from studies of diauxic shift, sporulation, cell cycle, evolution under glucose limitation, alpha-factor time and concentration series and histone depletion.
July 21, 2000
- As part of SGD's conversion to Oracle database software, have created a newly organized locus display. The new display is faster, more flexible and better organized.
May 23, 2000
- SGD has created Function Junction that simultaneously searches a variety of functional analysis project sites for all available functional information for a given gene or ORF.
March 16, 2000
- SGD has added Gene Ontology (GO) annotations to the Locus page for about one third of named yeast genes; annotation is ongoing.
March 3, 2000
- SGD has moved the gene registry into the SGD Oracle database and developed a new gene registry form for submitting information about yeast genes and reserving gene names.
February 1, 2000
- SGD has moved all two point mapping data from the ACEDB system into the SGD Oracle database and unveiled a new interface for viewing this data.
January 13, 2000
- SGD has added a link to the 2000 NAR Database Issue featuring articles on a wide variety of biological databases. Included in this is an article by SGD about integration of functional genomic information into SGD (Ball et al. (2000). Nucl. Acids Res. 1: 77-80).
January 12, 2000
- SGD has moved all colleague data from the ACEDB system into the SGD Oracle database and unveiled a new interface for searching, viewing, and editing colleague information.
January 10, 2000
- SGD introduces its Table of Gene Summary Paragraphs. This table contains a list of gene names which have Gene Summary Paragraphs and a link to the individual paragraphs. Each Gene Summary Paragraph listed in this table is also available via a link from its respective Locus and Gene_Info pages.
January 5, 2000
- SGD introduces a FAQ page to provide answers to some of the most common questions submitted to SGD.